Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirected link

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mysty

Mysty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I have a forum with forumotion.com, but every time I type in the url, it redirects me to Suddenlink search. I can't get on any of the forumotion sites, and was wondering if I had a virus? I've been experiencing this problem all morning. I can go to facebook, hotmail and any other site, but I can't get on that particular site. Could there be another reason? Others can get on the forum, from what I've been told.
Can I post my url site? or is that against the rules here? I need help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,408 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

IMO, there is no malware which prevents connection with a specific website...but I'm no authority on malware.

Do not post a URL here, this seems to be an ISP issue...I would contact them.

http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/452391-isp-redirect-their-web-search-page-404-a.html

Louis

#3 Mysty

Mysty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks. I don't know what to do here. Im so frustrated and confused.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I had no problem going to Forumotion.com, so the site's not down.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Mysty

Mysty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Are you with Suddenlink? I think it may be the problem.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

No.

I just got curious and checked out the site.Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

What's Forumotion ? ............... © 2012 Forumotion.com
A direct Copy / Paste of an early and last line on the page offered by dc3 - Logged in from Australia in about half a second -

#8 SDLshannon

SDLshannon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

I have a forum with forumotion.com, but every time I type in the url, it redirects me to Suddenlink search. I can't get on any of the forumotion sites, and was wondering if I had a virus? I've been experiencing this problem all morning. I can go to facebook, hotmail and any other site, but I can't get on that particular site. Could there be another reason? Others can get on the forum, from what I've been told.
Can I post my url site? or is that against the rules here? I need help.

Hi Mysty- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. Iím sorry you are experiencing an issue with your navigation. I would be happy to help resolve this for you. Please contact me directly at Shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users