Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inspiron 1525 randomly going to sleep...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jklsr55

Jklsr55

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

I am stumped and assuming this issue is hardware related. For no rhyme or reason, and mostly in the first 30 minutes or so of use, the screen on my Dell Inspiron 1525 will go dark and the system goes into either sleep or hibernation mode. As soon as the lights on the front are dark and the system is "off" I can push the power button and the Resuming Windows screen comes on and I am right back on the same page I was before the interruption. The only clue I have to this anomaly is it seems to happen when the screen moves or jostles even the slightest bit. But then you can open and close the lid trying to get it shut off and nothing. And there are times when it is dead still and off it goes. I know it is not a heat situation as I have had it apart and cleaned recently. I have Speccy and the temp is good. I took it apart to see if I had a loose connection but saw nothing. And if the screen connection was loose it wouldn't send the whole system into hibernation, correct?

I am at a loss and open to the amazing minds that inhabit this community. Please someone... I need to be educated!!

Jeff
Great Falls, Montana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users