Restart the pc into normal mode Windows; otherwise, into Safe Mode with Networking.Step 1
1. Go >> Here <<
and download ERUNT
(ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)
2. Install ERUNT by following the prompts
(use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)
3. Start ERUNT
(either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)
4. Choose a location for the backup
(the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
5. Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked
6. Press OK
7. Press YES to create the folder.Step 2
To show all files:
- Go to your Desktop
- Double-Click the Computer icon.
- From the menu options, Select Tools, then Folder Options.
- Next click the View tab.
- Locate and uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
- Locate and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Locate and click Show hidden files and folders and drives.
- Click Apply > OK.
See Grinler's article herehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fbi-monkeypak-ransomware
See the section titled Automated Removal Instructions
Follow his instructions to get into Safe Mode with Networking
and do the rest of the steps listed after that (including the tool from from Emsisoft
Report back with the results.
Edited by Maurice Naggar, 14 October 2012 - 11:56 AM.