Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp boots twiceAfter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gülay

gülay

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

After the C Drive formatted (the only one with no partition) and windows xp sp2 then sp3 was re-installed, windows xp boots twice then comes the wellcome screen.
Can you pls advice me how to fix this problem ?

Gülay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hi -
Is this actually a problem ??
My XP SP3 will "Beep" twice as if starting to begin, and then 5 seconds later, restarting again, but it causes no actual problem.
I just live with this "quirky" little thing in my well used, reinstalled, older, computer - If it bothers you, try this (it may do nothing?) .........

Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows XP:
•Click Start and open My Computer
Right-click on C: (or your main drive letter) and select Properties
•Click on the Tools tab
•Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
•Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
•Click on the Start button
•When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and >> Restart your computer
•Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so

This will take (on average) 1 hour, so please let all 5 stages complete -

Thank You -

#3 gülay

gülay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hello Noknojon,

Yes, this is actually a problem! If something doesn't run in the way what it's supposed to be, it's a problem for me !
Back to the problem, I did what you adviced and "it didn't do anything" like you said.
Thanks for the reply anyway.
Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users