Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

G555 won't boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 m32

m32

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hello,

This is probably a no brainer, but here goes. I have a Lenovo G555 laptop running Windows 7. One morning, simply refused to boot. Hit power, fan runs, it tries to access the cd drive, then stops. Power light stays on, but it makes no attempt to access the HD. Fan starts again, but nothing else happens. No boot screen, beeps, nothing. Please help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Has any new hardware been added?

This generally isn't a good sign, usually a bad motherboard is what causes this type of no-boot. No boot screen or beeps means that the computer is unable to even initialize the video driver and POST process to give us an indication as to what is wrong.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#3 m32

m32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

The only oddness before it failed is that it suddenly stopped recognizing a wireless USB mouse. I was hoping the motherboard would not be the issue, but it's starting to look that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users