Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New PC Suggestions + Price (India)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

My current is 6 n half years old
My current PC specs
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4000+
2.1GHZ , 2GB ram
NVidia Geforce 8600GT
250gb ram.
windows xp sp3 (Genuine version not pirated , although every other piece of software on my pc is pirated/copied)

I'm a medium level gamer.
I'm hardcore PC user , MY PC is on 14-15 hours a day and sometimes (when downloading movies and games) Its on for 8-10 days non stop ( I do restart it once if its on for 48 hours )

Lately(Last 6 months) I been getting a lot of BSOD.
Mainly "Bad pool caller" < I get this once a day
" nv4_disp.dll " BSOD , sometimes i get it when i play games like splinter cell or fifa
" IRQL not less or equal to " BSOD, I get once or twice a week.

I want to buy/ assemble a pc which is
1. durable
2. gaming, it means a good gpu (not the top prority)
3. fast
4. afordable
5. lots of fans and cooler (India is really hot in summer)

Appreciate all your responses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Do you have budget, what games do you play and is their a store or site from where you can buy the components? Also i strongly recommend you to wipe your hard drive which contains pirated software and purchase legitimate softwares

Edited by killerx525, 12 October 2012 - 09:32 AM.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I play games like Assassins creed series, hitman series, tom clancy splinter cell, fifa. games that require speed and precision.
I have a friend who said he can help me if I have the components.

My budget is around 25k (just the pc not the other peripherals) and yes is a place where i can find the parts for cheap.

Edit: Your recommendation has been taken into consideration.

Edited by M!5T3RM0U53, 12 October 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

I need you to be more specific on the budget and i would not be able to assemble a part list if there are no prices for the parts or what parts there are hence is there site you would prefer to buy from?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Unfortunately, there aren't many posters on these forums who know of many India specific sites to buy computer components from. We may be able to provide general guidance until you provide us with some as component availability and cost vary widely between regions. I did notice you mentioned you have pirated software on your PC. Many of this software has cracks or have been reworked to strip any DRM. Often, this can cause viruses and other malicious software to be installed, which can cause problems such as BSOD's. Have you checked your computer for viruses?

I suggest, before spending money on new parts, copy any data, such as music, videos, documents, etc., to another drive such as a removable USB device or even a rewritable disc. Then use a standalone virus scanner on it to create a kind of quarantined drive. Do not put any executables or any software cracks on this drive, it is just for data. After doing this, format all the drives on the computer using something like DBAN and install only legitimate, non-pirated copies of software on it. Keep the computer as clean as possible. If you continue to get BSOD's, I would then proceed to upgrade the computer.

3939.png

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Unfortunately through your own admission the majority of your current machine's applications is by the use of pirated software. By assisting you in the design of another system it is the equivalent of endorsing the continued use of pirated software.

I must say that this is a violation of forum rules.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Specific relevant and applicable portion of those rules are in bold in the quote.