Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page Fault In Non Paged Area

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jephph1

jephph1

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I've got a client with a reboot loop. When trying to run from the e-machines XP Media Center OS Disc, I get this message. I check the RAM with MemTest98+. It passed 42 times, so that looks good. I couldn't get Seatools to run on the client's computer because the mouse wasn't recognized in the Seatools GUI. However, I pulled the HD out, and put it in an enclosure, and hooked it up to my computer. When I powered on the enclosure, it sent my computer to the same blue screen (Page Fault In Non Paged Area) When my computer booted back up, the hard disk in the enclosure only showed up as a recovery partition (about 10GB). The drive is 160GB. I check in disk management, and the rest of the 160GB shows up, but there is nothing I can do with it. It won't even show it's properties (says something about refreshing the drive list, which I do, but to no effect). I started up Seatools for Windows, and the drive showed up under "USB" but I'm not sure if it detected the whole drive, or just that recovery partition (Seatools doesn't show any drive sizes). Anyway, I did a short scan and long scan with Seatools, and it came up clean. Not sure how to proceed. By the way, I can't get into the OS on the client's drive with any option (Safe Mode, etc.).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

<<When trying to run from the e-machines XP Media Center OS Disc.>>

Why? That disk is supposed to be used to reinstall the O/S, why the reinstall effort?

<<I couldn't get Seatools to run on the client's computer because the mouse wasn't recognized in the Seatools GUI.>>

Was the mouse PS2, USB, or wireless?

If wireless or USB, try a PS2 mouse. If USB, ensure that USB functionality is enabled at boot within the BIOS.

I like to eliminate possible variables, IMO it sounds like a hard drive problem.

System manufacturer and model?

No recovery disks or recovery partition?

Louis

#3 jephph1

jephph1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

I was hoping I could use the disk to run Chkdsk or sfc /scannow. Also, the disk allows the option to start the recovery console, but that's when the blue screen happens.
It's a USB mouse. I don't have a PS/2 mouse. I tried to a PS/2 USB converter, and it loaded the CuteMouse drivers when I did that, but the mouse still didn't work.
All USB options are enabled in BIOS (including legacy)
It's a Seagate Barracuda 7200.9.
Like I said, the OS disc prompts for the recovery console, but give a blue screen when I try that option. Also, the recovery partition is the only that shows up in disk management when the disk in attached to my computer in an enclosure, but nothing can be accessed when the hard drive is in the client's computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users