- I will be helping with your computer problems.
- From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.
- I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.
- Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you
- If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.
- Always do the steps they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).
- I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.
- If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.
- Please download and install CCleaner Slim
- Open CCleaner and click the Options button
- Now choose Advanced
- Uncheck everything here except for Skip User Account Control warning
- Now click the Cleaner button and press the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right of the program.
- If this is your first time running this program, a prompt may appear asking for confirmation to delete temporary files. Go ahead and proceed.
Please download RogueKiller
to your desktop.
- Now rename RogueKiller.exe to winlogon.exe
- Double-click winlogon.exe to run. Right-click winlogon.exe and select "Run as administrator"
- When it opens, press the Scan button
- When the scan is finished, press the Delete button.
- Please post the contents of the latest numbered RKreport.txt from your desktop to your next post.
Please download and run TDSSKiller
- VERY IMPORTANT: In the event that threats are detected, allow TDSSKiller to perform the default action by simply pressing the Continue button.
- Do NOT change the default action on your own unless instructed by a malware helper! Doing so may render your computer unbootable.
- If threats were detected, TDSSKiller will require a reboot in order to attempt to clean the system.
- After the scan is complete, you can find the TDSSKiller log at the root of your C: drive.
- Example: C:\TDSSKiller.18.104.22.168_29.09.2012_00.22.50_log.txt
- Please post the contents of this file to your next message.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
- If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.
Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.
- Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Click on the Scan button.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes when done.
-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon
and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop.
- Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
- Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
Please download OTL
- Save it to your desktop.
- Right mouse click on the OTL icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator
- Check the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Check the "Standard Output".
- Change the setting of "Drivers" and "Services" to "All"
- Now click the button.
- Two reports will be created:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized
- Paste the contents of OTL.txt here for me to review but attach Extras.txt