Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

thoughts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dialout

dialout

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

its cheap, but it is replacing a very old desktop my kids use mostly to surf the web, and play some flash type games, watch video...kids stuff...nothing hardcore at all.

HP Compaq_DC7600 Intel Pentium 4 3000 MHz REFURBISHED Desktop

The HP Compaq_DC7600 desktop PC delivers powerhouse computing that's ideal for everyone. The HP Compaq_DC7600 comes with a Intel Pentium 4 3000 MHz processor, and the Genuine Windows XP Professional Operating System along with word document, spreadsheet application & a shortcut to Microsoft Free virus protection. This desktop computer also includes 2048mb of DDR2 memory, a 80Gig Serial ATA hard drive, DVD ROM optical drive and a NEW keyboard / mouse.

This desktop comes fully loaded with Microsoft Windows XP Professional! This package will arrive with a New Installation CD and has been recently restored with Windows so you will be the first to use it. The Installation CD will allow you to restore your computer back to the original state of purchase at any time and prevent expensive trips to the computer repair shop. This desktop has also been updated with a list of additional programs to compliment Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Included is a Microsoft compatible Office program which provides a Word Processor, Spreadsheet program, Database program and Presentation software. It also comes with an Anti-Virus program along with Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer (Internet Browser), Outlook Express (Email), DVD viewing software and many other great Windows programs and features.

Product Features
Brand Name - HP
Product Model - Compaq_DC7600
Form Factor - Mini Tower
Processor Type - Intel Pentium 4
Processor Speed - 3000 MHz
Hard Drive - 80Gig Serial ATA
Memory Installed - 2048mb
Maximum Memory - 4096MB
Optical Drive - DVD ROM
Networking - 10/100/1000 internal network card
Hardware Included - New Standard USB Keyboard and Mouse
Operating System - Genuine Windows XP Professional
Software Installed - Windows XP Professional, word document, spreadsheet application & a shortcut to Microsoft Free virus protection
Ports - The HP Compaq_DC7600 has all of the standard ports and slots required for everyday use
Standard Warranty - 1 Year
Package Contents - HP Compaq_DC7600 loaded with Windows XP Professional, power cord, Microsoft Installation Disk, software registration instructions, and a 1 Year warranty.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

The desktop would be fine for the tasks that were mentioned but have a look at TigerDirect's refurbished desktop as they have a large range.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

TigerDirect has similarly equipped desktops starting at $99.99 refurbished. At $150 you can get a larger hard drive and Windows 7 (especially since XP is no longer supported by Microsoft)
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#4 dialout

dialout
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

price is $139 now with free shipping...and it has a 1 year warranty

#5 Annie12

Annie12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

You don't want XP if the kids will be doing online gaming. XP is not supported by MS and therefore there is no support with IE Explorer either. I am needing a new computer because I am having problems with my XP and IE. It isn't worth it, I would go for the Windows 7 computer instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users