Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.gvi To .mpg

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cluelesshane

cluelesshane

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

hello! i downloaded a video from google video, and i want to change the file type to an .mpg or something similar so i can edit it in premier or windows movie maker...how do i change the file type??? thanks!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

Welcome to BC. Have you looked at the freewarre list of application liisted on thi site? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
What files format is it in right now?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:58 AM

Hello there,
If you dont mind my asking, what video is it?...well you dont have to tell me but is it from a trusted source?

If its not from a trusted source I suggest you dispose of the movie file immeadiately. Movies and pictures from google, yahoo, msn etc. can contain malicious code which downloads in the background while you are running the movie. Before long you will be posting Hijack this logs which is not an enviable position to be in if your close with your computer.

What format is the movie in at present?
Go to control panel and select folder options
select file types and look to find the current extension of the file u need to edit.
If it is there click it and look further down the screen to find "opens with". If you can, click "change" and change the current application to the application you want to use, such as Premier.
Save the setting (click ok)
Go to the file and click to see if it will open in your prefferred program.
Report back

Thanks
Darren De Wilde

#4 cluelesshane

cluelesshane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

it is a video i purchased...of an nba game, i found a site online that tells you how to convert it, and now i am waiting to see if it will work, i will let you knpw!! thnaks for the helP!!!!

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:15 AM

The video maybe a proprietry format. It may also have copyright software incorporated into it.

#6 cluelesshane

cluelesshane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:18 AM

i hvae no clue what that means, lol, but now its converting it to .avi, but thanks againfor the helP!!!!

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:31 AM

Nice to see things worked out

#8 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:33 AM

Hi there,

Is it in the .avi format? I am asking because I visited the Google Video site and you can watch the NBA games in Macromedia Flash, but I was just curious to which format,( if not .flv ) it actually is upon Download. If it is in .avi format, and you have Nero, it will convert to your desired format.

I am just guessing, but are you by any chance downloading the Jan. 22 meeting between the Lakers-Raptors?
I downloaded this game just for pure historical reference, 81 is a big number. My appologies if I am being nosey, and I will understand if you do not answer, but I do recommend this particular game, it is a rare feat.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:

I replied a few minutes late, but I am still curious if the actual download is in .flv, or another format. Just curious, as usuall.

Thanks!

Edited by nosnhoj#3, 19 March 2006 - 01:39 AM.

When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#9 cluelesshane

cluelesshane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:09 AM

no, lol, im a blazer fan, yes i know i know, but now it wont contiune converting, but Nero, huh? hmm thanks anyone have any other suggestions, i will try nero...

#10 cluelesshane

cluelesshane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:13 AM

still searching for a converter...whats this nero one and how do you get it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users