Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:47 AM
Ok tried going to fasttrack but instead of installing the driver it comes up with the following "read me" text
Installing Driver in Existing Windows XP System
WARNING: If you will be moving the boot drive containing the existing Windows XP operating
system to a mirrored RAID 1 array on the FastTrak 376 , the FastTrak 376 driver MUST be loaded
to the hard drive while it is still attached to your existing hard drive controller.
Do not attach this drive or any other hard drive to the FastTrak 376 controller before completing
After installing the FastTrak 376 and rebooting your system, Windows XP setup will show a
"New Hardware Found" dialog box. Under Windows XP, the "PCI RAID Controller" will be displayed.
1. Choose "INSTALL FROM A LIST OR SPECIFIC LOCATION" then press "NEXT".
2. Choose "SEARCH FOR THE BEST DRIVER IN THESE LOCATION" and
choose "INCLUDE THIS LOCATION IN THE SEARCH" then
Type "CD-ROM Drive:\Drivers\Promise\WINXP\" in the text box. Press "NEXT".
3. The Windows XP Setup screen will appear again saying
"Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices
-WIN XP Promise FastTrak 376 controller". The FastTrak 376 driver
will now be copied on to the system and entered into the Windows XP driver database.
4. Finally, Windows XP will then restart for the driver installation.
Installing Driver During New Windows XP Installation
1a. Floppy Install: Boot the computer with the Windows XP installation diskettes.
1b. Floppyless Install: Boot from floppy and type "WINXP". After files have been copied,
the system will reboot. On the reboot, press <F6> after the message
"Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration..." appears.
1c. CD-ROM Install: Boot from the CD-ROM. Press <F6> after the message
"Press F6 if you need to install third party SCSI or RAID driver" appears.
2. When the "Windows XP Setup" window is generated, press "S" to Specify an Additional
3. Press "O" to select "Other" and press the "Enter" key.
4. Insert the Promise Technology driver into the CD-ROM Drive: and press "Enter" key.
5. Choose "WINXP Promise FastTrak 376 Controller" from the list that appears on screen,
then press the "Enter" key.
6. The Windows XP Setup screen will appear again saying
"Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices:"
The list will include "WINXP Promise FastTrak 376 controller"..
NOTE: If you need to specify any additional devices to be installed, do so at this time.
Once all devices are specified, continue to step 7.
7. From the Windows XP Setup screen, press the Enter key. Setup will now load all device
files and then continue the Windows XP installation.
Confirming Windows XP Installation
1. From Windows XP, open the Control Panel from "My Computer" followed by the System icon.
2. Choose the "Hardware" tab, then click the "Device Manager" tab.
3. Click the "+" in front of "SCSI & RAID Controllers hardware type."
The driver "WINXP Promise FastTrak 376 Controller" should appear.
But the driver doesnt install