Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Longtime computer user

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RocketMann

RocketMann

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi Y'all,

Looking to get and share computer tips.

RocketMann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quote

• Banned
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hello RocketMann,

Welcome to the BleepingComputer forum. A lot of guides about the forum can be found here. Read also the forumrules, for what you may do and what not. You can always open here a topic or ask you're question to a staff member.

Enjoy the website,

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hello Rocketman, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I need to address the post by Quote, specifically this part:

You can always open here a topic or ask you're question to a staff member.

The link "here" in the post goes to Bleeping Computer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions. If you have general questions about Bleeping Computer this is the place to post them. For other issues you should choose the appropriate board to post in.

As for asking a staff member your question we do not encourage PMs to staff when a open to all post would be better and faster. Private messages are not for initiating private consultations with any Staff member for issues that belong in a forum.

The staff member pm'd may not be here at the time and you will have to wait until he/she shows up and reads the pm. Your question will most likely be answered a lot quicker in a public topic.

Some matters are best brought to the attention of staff through a private message, but general questions is not one of them. Neither is trying to get help for an issue through private messages.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 October 2012 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users