Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm here!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JodyNewman

JodyNewman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

A friend of mine, who is an IT guy, told me about this site and that they are very reliable. Hopefully that will prove to be true.

I am here because my business computer as been infected. After receiving and dealing with over 16,0000 emails which came into my spam folder in Gmail, and having to change my business emails' passwords a couple times, I figured I NEED HELP. I was told, by my host provider to try and set up passwords on a different computer which I have done this morning and seems to be working. Therefore, my computer has been singled out as the problem.

Well, that's my story. Now onto the malware forums. Wish me luck!

Sorry, just read the part about not posting problems. MY BAD! :crazy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quote

• Banned
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hello JodyNewman,

Welcome to the BleepingComputer forum. A lot of guides about the forum can be found here. Read also the forumrules, for what you may do and what not. You can always open here a topic or ask you're question to a staff member.

Enjoy the website,

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hello JodyNewman, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I need to address the post by Quote, specifically this part:

You can always open here a topic or ask you're question to a staff member.

The link "here" in the post goes to Bleeping Computer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions. If you have general questions about Bleeping Computer this is the place to post them. For other issues you should choose the appropriate board to post in.

As for asking a staff member your question we do not encourage PMs to staff when a open to all post would be better and faster. Private messages are not for initiating private consultations with any Staff member for issues that belong in a forum.

The staff member pm'd may not be here at the time and you will have to wait until he/she shows up and reads the pm. Your question will most likely be answered a lot quicker in a public topic.

Some matters are best brought to the attention of staff through a private message, but general questions is not one of them. Neither is trying to get help for an issue through private messages.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 October 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#4 JodyNewman

JodyNewman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users