Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a computer, in Norway

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

OK, a friend of mine who lives in Norway is building their first computer. But there's a problem, every online store she goes to (in Norway) has a really small selection.
I have picked out a dozen motherboards and cases, and those stores she looks at simply doesn't have them.
Now the two places I go to for all my computer needs is Newegg and Tiger direct.
Newegg only ships to USA. and I can't find whether or not Tiger Direct ships outside of USA (they just go on and on About Oklahoma and California tax and lead policy). So I'm assuming they don't ship to foreign countries.

The most difficult thing here is, I'm the computer expert of us two, but I can't help her because all of the sites she goes to is written in Norwegian. Now obviously things like "USB 3.0" and DDR3 and trade names stay English, but it's just so hard trying to figure it all out.

Does anyone know of an online store, with a wide selection, written in English, willing to ship to Norway?

And I have a second question. When purchasing merchandise online, and paying with credit card (let's just say Visa card), if you buy something in pounds, euros, dollars, krones, will Visa automatically configure the currency exchange?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Does Amazon deliver to Norway? It would be best, cost wise, to order from a Norway site, then an EU site. Keep in mind that some computer components are subject to export control and some retailers may not ship certain parts to addresses outside of certain countries. As for currency conversion, it depends on the credit/debit card issuer and what they deem as foreign. Some card issuers charge a fee for using the card internationally, this fee is often a percentage of the final purchase. See here for an example. As for the actual currency conversion, card issues must spell those out to cardholders. I've purchased things in GBP on one of my credit cards in USD. It was converted and posted in USD to my statement. However, some merchants automatically convert to your home currency which may cause an additional charge from the merchant. I don't buy internationally very much any more.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users