Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Windows XP Home

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fscleetnu

fscleetnu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

I have been using this Gateway PB1 E 4500 S for more than a year successfully. Suddenly the audio is not working on speakers or headphones. I checked the Device Manager and all of the folder and devices are noted that they are working properly. Here are the devices listed in Device Manager
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Controller Devices
Sigma High Definition Audio CODEC
USB Audio Device
Video Codecs

I need help in trouble shooting or installing drivers or whatever it takes to fix this.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Sigmatel HD Audio Driver: http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?partNumber=1008521 .

Double-click Sigmatel HD Audio Codec...click Driver tab, push Uninstall.

Then install the driver in the zipped file you downloaded.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users