Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avira Free 2013 says to remove MalwareByes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katiemay

katiemay

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

This morning I had what appears to be a normal Avira screen message in the lower right corner of my desktop which says that AviraFree 2013 is available- do I want to download it? I downloaded and began the install process, but came to the part where Avira checks for incompatible programs. The following is what I came up:

The following programs are installed on your computer and may cause incompatability problems with the Avira Security solutions. To ensure the stability of your computer we recommend you uninstall these programs:

The following products must be uninstalled manually:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

I was confused as this website seems to recommend and utilizes Malwarebytes in many cleanup operations. Thought I would check with you before proceeding.

Thank you,
KatieMay

My computer information:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1919 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250, 700 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 135385 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERANTIONAL CO.,LTD, MS-7367
Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

It is normal warning from Avira.You can skip the warning.Avira and malwarebytes works well together.

#3 katiemay

katiemay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Thank you for heads up
KatieMay

It is normal warning from Avira.You can skip the warning.Avira and malwarebytes works well together.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

You're welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users