Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for the appropriate tablet for employees

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shlomof

Shlomof

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for a tablet for my employees, to make their work more efficient.

They are sales people so they go around stores all day long, collecting data and come back to the office and type it in.

I want them to update it on the spot while on the way.

Currently they are using Excel to put in the data and then upload it to the company's website, for further reference of the managers.

My question is where would I get a better flow of work on Ipads or android?

I probably need in both an excel app, then how would I uplaod it straight to the company website? after all there is no file system on tablets I know (I know this for Ipads, bot sure about android).

Would be glad to hear your opinion regarding this.

Thank you,
Shlomo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Tablets are great for a business environment. Unfortunately, though, if you are set on using Excel, that does not exist yet for Android or iOS tablets. If you don't care if its excel, you may want to look at Pages or even Documents to GO. Its not a perfect solution but it can work.

The other option, which is becoming more and more popular, is to hire a designer to create a custom app for you that can then be used to automatically synch the data to your servers. This would probably be even easier for you.

Finally, with Windows 8 coming out, you may want to see if there are some good and affordable Windows 8 tablets on the market soon. Then you have full access to a computer that you can run any Windows app on. I am not 100% sold on Windows 8 as a desktop OS, but as a tablet OS it is quite nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users