Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN messenger thinks I'm signing in to it on another machine when I open the inbox associated with the acct it's signed in with.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ZT-repairseek

ZT-repairseek

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

the machine in question is vista homeprem SP2 32bit and all.
I'm not always aware of what microsoft is doing with their messenger; I know a while back they blocked the old betas from sending offline IMs citing security hazards; did they change something else I wasn't aware of about opening up one's inbox? about a half a month ago I remember it not kicking me out like this whenever I open the inbox of the account in question. *frown* it might just be time to try to fight off the bug that made me use the 8.5 beta to begin with... but I figured I'd check and see if anyone had any thoughts here.

I've gone through some malware cleanups since the last time it cooperated, kinda doubtful that there's anything here now after the last round of help and my being more paranoid in my activity. maybe something got messed along the way in cleanup?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users