Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE9 Delayed Launch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ataxia1

Ataxia1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

I stayed at a hotel this weekend in Nashville and used the hotel's internet connection. While at the hotel, they had a welcome page that said, "Welcome to Nashville" where you would agree to the terms and conditions before browsing the Internet.

Now that I am back home, whenever I initially launch IE9, the first tab that comes up has a title of "Welcome to Nashville"

It sits there for 20-30 seconds, presumably searching for the hotel proxy. Then, it gives up and Google--which is my normal home page--launches normally. From that point forward, everything works fine until the next time I open my browser.

I've already checked my proxy settings, and there was nothing added there. No errors appear whatsoever, just that initial tab name.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

IE9
Win7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phoenix102

Phoenix102

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi Ataxia1,

Lets start with cleaning up the IE temp files.

Boot the computer but don't open any programs yet.

Click Start button> control panel> Internet Options

Under the General tab is browsing history. Click the delete button.

Default is Preserve Favorites website data, Temporary Internet files, Cookies and History with check marks. At the very least, we need to clear temporary internet files. I you choose cookies, which in your case I would, you will loose information like preferred data. Things like data your banking site uses to identify your PC as safe. This might cause you to answer security questions again to authenticate your PC. You can try a delete with checks in Preserve Favorites website data and Temporary Internet files first to see if this clears the problem. Add cookies next. if that doesn't work remove the check mark from Preserve Favorites website data and delete again.

Let me know how that worked.

#3 Ataxia1

Ataxia1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Sometimes the simplest answer is best. Thanks for the assistance.

That worked.

#4 Phoenix102

Phoenix102

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Your welcome.

Phoenix102

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users