Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Cloud scam (possible virus?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mr allix

mr allix

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

I was looking at cloud storage options and thought I'd give Just Cloud a try. After looking at other options I realized the Just Cloud website was the same as MYPCBackup. I looked up some reviews and everyone says the service is a scam.

Fortunately I realized this place was a scam before giving them any personal info(at least of my own will); however I installed Just Cloud (think dropbox installation). Due to the nature of their business I'm wondering if the nature of their software is of the same ill intent. I've uninstalled the Just Cloud program, but I just don't feel safe knowing it was ever on my computer especially after reading the comments here. Could any of you experts maybe install it in a VM and find out if it's doing anything malicious?

Running Win 7 64bit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MacExpert

MacExpert

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

OMG, we are certainly not the only ones.. Just reported the case to my credit card company. I will have to get a new credit card number. my card has to be blocked so they cannot take anything off my account anymore. numerous horrible stories out there about justcloud. what can we do?

I had already totally deinstalled their app from my computer but recently I had to re-install my system to an earlier version and the justcloud app popped up  without me even clcking on it. What's behind all that? I immediately deinstalled the app again but I am really scared now as well that it could be a virus or trojan or something. 

PLEASE, who can help? 

#3 MacExpert

MacExpert

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

update: even after I deinstalled the bloody justcloud app my firewall tells me that it allows or that there are still TCP connections to port 443 and 80 to amazonaws.com, backupgrid.net and pubnub.com

I disabled everything there now as well. I suggest a restart and check again if it's self-producing malware.. 

I check the web sites. Can it be that this gives us an idea how and where they operate? 

They are using cloud storage service from amazon in the background. Can that be? Pubnet looks like that's the software they used for the desktop and mobile apps..

Edited by MacExpert, 08 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

@ mr alex and MacExpert -

Please note that this should only be dealt with by the Experts in Virus/MalwareRemoval Area -

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step #6

If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post to ==>Malware Removal Area<==

Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

NOTE : Please Copy / Paste all logs requested, and do not use Attach unless specifically asked -

Good luck and be very patient, as the area can get very busy.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

EDITED to repair links -

Edited by noknojon, 08 October 2013 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users