Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

westell 6100g

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Okay let me first state that networking is not even good enough to be a weak area!! Just being honest/objective: So I went over to assist a friend in setting up her wireless printer (I've done many, so figured no problem). I kept getting that the SSID was null??? Evnetually I got an error suggesting that McAfee needed to be configured to allow the printer to find wireless network.. Long, frustrating story to short, now her wireless network no longer works either. She did not have disc for setup of wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2 ver. 1.0). She had to go to work and I told her I would investigate at home and download the setup software and comeback tomorrow. Along the way I ended up reading this article concerning here DSL/modem: http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/internet/highspeed/networking/setup/questionsthree/123756.htm#
My question is I have reset her router (Linksys) and for some reason I can't even get into it with 192.168.1.1 to change any settings, but do I have to follow the instructions in the above article to get this router to work with her Westell 6100g DSL/modem?? or will the setup software from Linksys do that for me??? Verizon was of no assistance due to the fact that it is not their wireless router. Of course any guidance/suggestions are very much welcome and appreciated!!!

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Remember you will need to release and renew the address on the computer you are trying to access the router on since you reset it. Start-run- cmd- ipconfig /release - ipconfig /renew. Then access the router.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

I had tried that, I ended up downloading the setup program, and even though it said it did not complete successfully it worked, and we got everything working again. But Thanks for your assistance.
Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users