Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

export text messages from iphone to computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 l3o1112

l3o1112

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

does anyone know how i can export my text message from my iphone 3gs to my computer a windows 7 vista home edition service pack 2. i downloaded sqlite but i think im doing it wrong cuz its not working i find the text file 3d0.. ect in the backup folder but i cant view it if sum1 cud give me a step by step id appreciate it nd also FREE not having to download a trail of a program.. thanks

Edit: Moved topic from iPad and Tablet Devices to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Take a look here: Backing up text messages on iPhone 3GS.

There seem to be several options available. Some with clear directions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 l3o1112

l3o1112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

i want a program that allows me to view nd save all the messages on my iphone with no limits ( just 20 messages) or any free traisl (view 20 messages with 30 day free trial) i want sumthing that completely free nd not limited

#4 mariosarry

mariosarry

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Take a look here: Backing up text messages on iPhone 3GS.

There seem to be several options available. Some with clear directions.

iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone, including SMS messages and contacts.
In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.

Edited by mariosarry, 14 March 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#5 Zero-2-Hero

Zero-2-Hero

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

For the IPhone 5's it took me awhile to figure out how to save the text messages because after a day or so, I noticed they were deleting on their own. The trick I figured out was: (1) hold your finger down on the text message you wish to save until you see a short black bar pop up with one of the options saying "copy"..(2) then back out of your text message and open up you email icon (mine was comcast). (3) Then when you email thing is opened, click on compose,type in your email address. (4) In the message box, tap the screen till the black bar appears and click on paste.

Basically what your doing is, copying and pasting from your (sms) text message box to your email. The only problem I have encountered with this method was, the text message after they appear in your (computer), email, the messages do not say who they are from. The email will show it was sent from you to your email but not from so and so to you, etc...but at least you can save them this way, print them out if you desire and make your cheat sheet notes/comments on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users