Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:36 PM
This seems to fit into several areas, so I'll start in Business applications. Let me know if there is a better place.
I've been tasked with finding out what "other" companies are doing for patching network computers.
If you chime in could you tell me:
1. What patching software does the company use?
2. Does it support third party patches? Adobe, Java...
3. Is there Flexibility in patch scheduling?
4. Do User have the option of when to deploy patches when they want?
4. Does the patching have a "Snooze or Delay" option
5. Does the Alert stay in foreground
6. Can the administrator force patch installation after "X" days
7. Can the user minimize the patch screen
8. Configure so only one reboot is allowed
9. Push out patches directly from Internet (No VPN connection required)
10. Can user can patch while working without fear of apps closing down or losing work?
Thanks for any and all help!!!!!!!!!!!