Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my Mac infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 swens

swens

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

First, I have no idea if this indicates an infection but I'd like to know where to start. I am running iAntivirus and all scans indicate no infection but I also no that infections, depending on origin, can be missed. My question is simply, how can I find out if I'm infected and what do I do. The problem manifests itself as a "blue screen" from which I have to hold down the power button to force a restart. I've only noticed it while using hotmail through MSN on the web. There's only been one instance where this happened outside of hotmail but I'm not really sure if that's significant. I'm not finding much assistance for Macs here but thought I'd ask. I've been a frequent user AND contributor to Bleeping Computer in the past and appreciate the help I've received for mmy PC's. This is the first time for my Mac. Please help if you can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users