Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message when downloading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MistiAndreasen

MistiAndreasen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm using a computer that is running window XP professional. It used to be my dad's and had an external hard drive, (but he kept that part). I'm trying to download iTunes, and it gets toward the end and I get this message
Error 1327. Invalid Drive; J:\
He used to have iTunes on the external drive, and I believe it was drive J. I've looked and there is no longer a drive J on the machine. I have no idea how to fix this! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Welcome to BC Misti. :)
Is it downloading part or the installing part? Please see this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327763 regarding the error installation of any program. To create or backup your registry - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 Other methods are found here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/registry.htm

Tekken

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

What has been suggested involves editing the registry. You should be aware that if there is a mistake made in this process it can leave your computer inoperable. This is why it was suggested that you back up the registry before trying this repair method.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Before you go fooling with the registry

If this is happening when you install:

Try again. The second screen will be Installation Options. Destination folder is at the bottom. Look to see where it is attempting to install to. If it says Drive J click Change.

Click the drop down arrow in the Look In field, click Program Files under Local Disk © , then click OK.

Continue the installation process to see if I Tunes installs.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 October 2012 - 09:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users