Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-mail Spam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 juliemango

juliemango

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:11 PM

Recently, I've been getting spam with a date into the future, anywhere from 1 day to 1 month. Is there anyway I can set my e-mail account to thwart this? Merci.

Juliemango

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

There is no built in spam tool in Windows. You can check with your ISP as a lot of them offer a spam filter for free.
I am sure there are free 3rd party spam blockers out there but I don't know enough about any of them to recommend one. Maybe someone can.

#3 juliemango

juliemango
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:22 AM

Thanks a mil', River Rat. Will do so immediately. Have a great day.

Juliemango

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

Most E-mail clients, and many E-mail providers, have some kind of junk mail filter that the user can manage by creating rules; you might investige using a rule to designate post-dated E-mails as Spam. Another option would be to designate them as Spam manually as they come in.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 19 March 2006 - 10:24 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 juliemango

juliemango
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:24 AM

Thanks jqweed. After RiverRat's post, I checked with Yahoo. My Yahoo account does allow me to direct mail to my Junk folder, then designate as Spam. But this only works for current dated mail. I guess I'll just have to wait until it becomes a greater nuisance to Yahoo itself before anything is done. Anyway, thanks again. Cheers.

Juliemango

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users