Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I now control the hill

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 attak sekwence

attak sekwence

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Taking this one from my buddy's tac talk board
This could get creative with all the gamers around here.

The Rules:
-You may use any means to take the hill from the previous owne. IE, stealth/brute force/unconventional tactics/etc
-Nothing is off limits you may assume you have "helpers" to move large objects or otherwise co-ordinate or synchronize your actions but try to rely on yourself
-Don't destroy the hill please ( in the last board it only took about 3 posts before someone burrowed under the hill with 50lb's of c4...damn combat engineers)
-End your post with I now have the hill

Mods feel free to add rules or otherwise change anything if you think this can get out of hand.

I sat back and watched as the creator of the hill had finished his work and climbed to the top of his hill, sat down and cracked a can of his cold beverage of choice. In the darkness of the night I surround the hill with high intensity lights. Wearing a welding mask I calmly walk up the hill to my newly blinded foe, take the beverage from him and boot him off the top of the hill.

I now have the hill...and a nice cold one

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 attak sekwence

attak sekwence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

well I thought it was a great game haha I'll give it one bump and if it flops again I'll let it die

Edited by attak sekwence, 10 October 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I cut the power to said high power lights and hired chuck norris to boot you off the hill. I now have the hill and a bodygaurd.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 attak sekwence

attak sekwence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

I set up one click out with a high powered rifle, pull the trigger and wait for that crushed watermelon sound. ditto for the second target while they scramble to figure out where the shot came from.

I now control the hill

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Unfortunatly, Chuck Norris can dodge all bullets, but decided he had more important things to do then gaurd a hill.

So I instead go and find Godzilla, and have him chase you off the hill. I now control the hill.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

tsk tsk,for you see I have Monthra anddd King kong on my side, guess who NO longer has control of the hill...

I have taken the hill.... :thumbsup:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I scoped out the hill and realized that the new head honcho of the hill had become complacent after being in control of the hill for nearly an entire month without being challenged. I seized the opportunity and hired a blimp to drop a cell phone on the hill and then hired a professional 419 agent to make a tantalizing offer.

*ring ring*

MissPlaced: Hello?
419 Agent: Good Evening, fine lady and master of the glorious hill. I'm calling to request your assistance in an important matter.
MissPlaced: Ok... how can I help you?
419 Agent: My cousin was a very wealthy controller of many hills in Abidjan before he passed away of oxygen deprivation. Those hills are quite high. In his will, he granted me control of all of his 17 hills, however, I'm afraid of heights so as you can surely understand I have a dilemma. I have searched high and low, hoping to find a suitable controller and master of these 17 hills. I had almost lost all hope until I spotted you majestically perched on the top of your glorious hill.
MissPlaced: Why thank you... who are you again?
419 Agent: I am a man desperately trying to find a hill master. Please, you must help me. The blimp dropped a map of the hills along with the passwords you will need to get past the guards.
MissPlaced: The blimp only dropped the phone, I don't see a map anywhere.
419 Agent: Oh... the wind must have blown the map off the hill. QUICK! You must find the map before it falls into the wrong hands. You must... before... do not...
MissPlaced: Hello? Hello?!
419 Agent: ...
MissPlaced: Hello?

*click*

MissPlaced scans her surroundings and doesn't see anyone around. She quickly makes her way down the hill and searches for the map. After searching for a few minutes she finds a piece of paper that says:

Congratulations, you're the new owner of 17 fictitious hills in Abidjan. Is that even a real city? I received a random email from someone claiming to be the prince of this city. Anyway, while you're away on your adventure to find these nonexistent hills, I'll remain perched on top of this real one.

Your Friend,

King Ted Striker
Controller of The Hill
Top Banana

P.S. I now have the hill.

Edited by Ted Striker, 09 November 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#8 DiscoLawls

DiscoLawls

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

"first post... sorry i'm usually a lurker but this looks fun :)"

Using my high tech cell phone surveillace tech I listened to this phone call and heard the entire thing.
It was little effort to call the local hill-top authorities and accuse Striker for hiring agents to sell fake hills without a fake hill top realitor licence!
He was served a court notice the following day and had no choice but to abandon the hill unless he wanted a failure to appear.

I now control the hill.

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

*made a phone call to the IRS claiming that discolawls hadnt paid the proper taxes on the hill, they came and arrested him for back taxes owed that he couldnt pay. I know control the hill.

picard5.jpg

#10 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ted Striker: I can't believe I got caught selling fake hills without having a fake hill top realtor license! Who even knew such a license existed?
DiscoLawls: Hello there!
Ted Striker: YOU! You are the reason I'm no longer in control of the hill. You should pay my fine.
DiscoLawls: Stop whining. You got outsmarted, deal with it.
Ted Striker: I'll show you how I'll deal with it. Put 'em up!

*DiscoLawls strikes a Muay Thai pose*

Ted Striker: What the... what are you doing?
DiscoLawls: Come close and I'll show you.

*DiscoLawls begins to approach Ted, prompting Ted to quickly run away.*

Ted Striker: Get away! I bruise easily.

*While Ted is running he bumps into Big Vito*

Vito: Ay oh, oh ay. Been a long time, Ted.
Ted Striker: Vito... what are you doing here?
Vito: Ah you know. I ran into a bit of a problem so I'm here paying a civil disturbance fine.
Ted Striker: What happened?
Vito: Nothing major. I had to rearrange some mamaluke's nose and some property got damaged. What's new?
Ted Striker: Well, I was the controller of a hill for a little while but someone called the authorities on me so I lost the hill.
Vito: You can't let the Federales bring you down.
Ted Striker: Will you help me get my hill back?
Vito: Sure, who do I have to whack?
Ted Striker: No, no. I have a violence free plan.
Vito: Those plans don't work. It's better if I shoot him in the face.
Ted Striker: No, no... here's the plan.

*Ted explains his plan to Vito and the two make their way to the hill*

the_patriot11: Back off, the hill is mine.
Ted Striker: We're here to offer you a congratulatory snack. Here's a gabagool sandwich.
the_patriot11: No thanks. Now if you don't mind, I have a hill to tend to. Please leave.
Ted Striker: Come on! No one can resist gabagool. Just have a bite, it's not like I laced it with a substance that will make you pass out. Seriously, this is some really good gabagool.
the_patriot11: Get out of here before I...

*Vito shoots the_patriot11 in the face*

Vito: See, I told you your plan wouldn't work. Have fun playing with your hill. Call me if you need anything.
Ted Striker: ...

*After collecting his thoughts, Ted makes a phone call*

DiscoLawls: Hello.
Ted Striker: I now control the hill.

Edited by Ted Striker, 11 November 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#11 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

My Dearest Ted, Patroit,and discolawls..you wanna know what is the most interestin thing about Halograms???
They look so real, when in fact their not.....I've beem watchin you all have a wondeful time tryin to take my Halogram hill :hysterical:
Guess who still has her hill?? I DO...really boyz ya gotta do better... :hysterical:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#12 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

*has scotty beam missplaced and her hologram technology a planet far far away. Is now in control of the hill*

picard5.jpg

#13 Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Comes out with a flawless Uhura fan dance, whilst the patriot is distracted, shoots him in the neck with sleeping poison laced blow dart.
He falls off the hill.
Is now in control of the hill.

#14 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

You control that hill but it is very wide, during the night i position dummy tanks, artillery and troops around the south end of your hill. They are badly made dummies, the troops are obviously tin helmets atop sticks, the tanks have clearly been inflated, the artillery pieces are visibly made of cardboard. That subsequent night you go to sleep safe in the knowledge that there will be no attack on the south side of your hill, before you went to sleep you gave the order to shift all your troops to the north end by morning. That night i replace the decoy tanks with real tanks, i station real soldiers in the trenches behind the tin helmets on sticks, i put real artillery in place. To ensure the deception is maintained i continue playing "stock noises" of troops that you have heard on loop fifty times previously, i place covers in the shape of inflatable tanks over the real tanks, i place covers over the real artillery so it looks like fake artillery. When my troop transport trucks leave in the pre-dawn hours they drag brushes behind them to obscure the tracks made by the tanks as they drove in. When you wake you think nothing has changed to your south so rush north to shorten the lines of communication to the forces you command, to keep you thinking i will attack from the north i begin playing loud speaker recordings of far more realistic military noises to your north, these recordings are very long so do not have to play on repeat.  Then i send my first troops onto the south side, whilst having a double agent( i recruited him from you months previously, but you think he's still your top man in my camp) send a "10 minutes too late" message "attack from the south is a diversion, the real assault will come from the north" to you. By the time you realise that the "deception" was actually the real attack and vice-versa i control the high ground and you and your forces are either fleeing, prisoner of war or dead. You might now regret thinking that just because the north side was closer to my main headquarters it would be the one i attacked, I now control the hill.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#15 Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

After several months of planning in the under ground bunker, I and the resistance have decided to execute the new plan of conquest. Our rifles improved with bayonets made from sharpened butter knives. The distilled molotov cocktails are perfectly prepared with an extra mix of napalm and motor oil. They are primarily intended to set targets ablaze rather than instantly destroy them. So our plan will be of chaos and revenge.
The professionally equipped fighters in urban guerrilla warfare rally themselves for our last meeting to discuss the protocol of what to do with you. "I want him alive" I say. "If I get to him first ..." One of the men say with clenched teeth, vowing to avenge the fallen. Although our numbers have grown, there is a build of tension. At nightfall we approach the hill with great caution. We charge with ambitious anger and move swift. You never expected it, we were cloaked by the eclipse. Reminiscent of a movie like invasion. I to had an inside man who sabotaged all the locks and 'misplaced' much of your ammo. A few of your soldiers go down quickly and peacefully with a swift blade under the chin. A few of my men are hurt, wounded by stray bullets. There is fire everywhere, the flames lick the night sky with upward momentum. The noise of metal clanging, cries of pain and remorse, the thud of every body that falls. Your men are now the ones retreating. Luckily, I found you before one of the resistance did. I tie you up and lead you by gun point to your new cell. There you will stay in my prison so that you may not try to steal my ground again. I now control the hill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users