Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

changing save game directory?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 attak sekwence

attak sekwence

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

So I think i had a stroke of genius!
Is it possible to change a games default save directory? When you download ubuntu 12.04lts they offer you a chance to register an account on ubuntu 1 and get a free 5 gb of cloud storage. At first I was thinking this was absolutely useless to me as there is nothing i would want to upload in that size, then I got a crazy idea. What if I changed my games default save directories to a centralized folder that was set to be the shared folder for my cloud storage. I would have no problem fitting all my games in that 5gb space ( don't think I've seen a game save take more then 100mb but don't quote me) and that way I would be able to seamlessly switch from gaming on my gaming rig to hooking up my laptop to my TV and even being able to access my saves and play from a buddy's house who owns the same games I do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 attak sekwence

attak sekwence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

No ideas? Would another forum topic have anymore insight on it? I thought about posting it in windows 7 or software but decided it fit better here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users