Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashing constantly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VinceTech

VinceTech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi, since about a month ago my computer keeps crashing. It started after I took a hard drive from an infected computer(thinking I could format the infection out of the drive) and put it in this one, and even after I noticed the crashes and removed the drive, it keeps crashing. I'm running Vista SP2 if that's of any consolation. Also it crashes when I try to open pictures,listen to music, and refresh my windows experience index( it says "new hardware detected" and "your windows experience index needs to be refreshed"). Can somebody please help me? :censored:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

It sounds to me like you need to go ahead and re-seat everything you might have knocked something loose without even realizing what you have done even if you have already checked that check again anything and everything that can be unplugged inside the machine un-plug it and plug it back in firmly.

#3 VinceTech

VinceTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I reseated everything and the crashing problems disappeared, but now I have another problem. Programs take an average of 10-20s just to open, It can be anything from notepad, to Mozilla Firefox. Also, when I try to open 2 programs at once, they both freeze, and when I go to close a frozen program, Windows Explorer will stop, then restart after a few seconds.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Does this happen in Safe Mode?

If it is faster in Safe Mode try Safe Mode with Internet, if this works please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users