Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think I Have Iewinfix But What Do I Know.....?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hello all
I am getting strange security notices and concensis is they are fake.I saved a snapshot of one.
Posted my problem to the MS newsgroup and have been working with David Lipman.
He has taken me thu the MsAfee scan,I did a windows live safety scan,I ran Spybot & Adware in both safe & regular modes.Adware showed 6 critical objects and the second time I ran it all was okay.
I did a hijack scan before I realised that I had to register etc,so It is sitting in My Documents,waiting(and wanting!) some one to look at it.
I am a fairly new computer user,and am getting quite concerned about all of this :-(
Please advise me on how I can send you the Hijack log.
Thanx for your patience & Help.
TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 18 March 2006 - 07:59 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:54 AM

Please read the selfhelp instructions which can be found here. Please use those instructions as a guide to removing Winfixer from your computer. If you are not happy doing it by yourself and would like 1 to 1 help, or cannot remove the program using the self-help guide please reply and we can consider the options possible.

The fake security warnings you are getting are typical of this infection. It is also known as Winfixer. If the problem is not solved then please post back.

David

#3 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

Hi David the T;
I installed and ran the VundoFix. I ran it a second time and there were no files to remove.
My computer seems to be running like it should(being on dial up service is slow in itself!).
Thank you so,so much for taking the time to help me out. I have saved all your instuctions and now will go and tweak the security in IE,OE and FF.
I ran the hijack scan before I registered,so it is sitting in my documents if you want to see it.
I am a newbie and can't figure out how to copy the file to the post!
Again..many thanx for coming to my rescue! :thumbsup:
TMacK
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:11 PM

You may as well post the HijackThis log - if there is anything of concern i can get it moved into an appropriate place :thumbsup:
I'm glad you got the problem sorted - if you ever have anything like this in the future you know where to come!
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users