Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP processes in Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

How can I identify what's in my task mgr & safely remove? Ie, I have PandoraService.exe running (mem usage 10,720k)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

I really don't understand your question. What is the problem you are experiencing?

#3 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

I really don't understand your question. What is the problem you are experiencing?

no problems per se -- I'd like to eliminate unneeded programs that are slowing down my pc.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand. You say there is no problem, then you say programs are slowing down your pc. Is there a performance issue or not? If so, please tell us SPECIFICALLY what is slow. EXACTLY what problem(s) are you having? If you aren't having any issues you really don't need to worry about what processes are running.

Edited by Allan, 07 October 2012 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users