Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recurrent Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Certa

Certa

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hello,

Here is a link to my old thread, which is when problems started. School started up and I just pretty much put up with the random bluescreens after standby etc., but then it started bluescreening when I was watching youtube - mostly high-definition videos like 720p-ish. So I just avoided those, but then I noticed it started crashing randomly - such as when I was doing a search with malwarebytes anti-malware.

I have many, many minidump files - here are the ones from September and the latest from October. I'm guessing it's the hard-disk that is the problem, so I've been looking into this. Unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll be getting my student aid refund, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to upgrade my HDD. Is there anything I can do as a bandaid fix until then? I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks!!!

Certa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

You could run a Linux OS from a flash drive in the meantime. You should still be able to read files from your hard drive. This assumes there aren't any underlying issues with the motherboard or hardware controllers.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#3 Certa

Certa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Okay, well I can't even get the computer to stay on long enough to finish booting anymore, so I'm not sure if it's the HDD or the motherboard. It's seeming more like a hardware issue at this point, so I'll have to take it to the shop, unless anyone can think of anything I'm missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users