Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS (C): is full from possible virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 lizzybeth2u

lizzybeth2u

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi there,

Over the past two-three days a little box has been popping up in the corner of my Windows Vista PC stating the memory on the C drive is running low. After checking this, it shows I only have .89 MB free of 69.5 GB. (I've never been close to using that much memory!) I ran the disk clean up and it still shows I only have 1.98 GB free of 69.5 GB. When I go into my C drive and select the Windows folder and properties, it shows my Windows folders is using 54.3 GB. I then looked at the folders in the Windows folder, and none of them seem to have the bulk of this.

I'm guessing there is a virus or something in there??

Thank you for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.

Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.

The scan will also create this Attach.txt log I would also like to see the content.
Please post it in a other post for my review, do not attach the file.
===

P.S.
Is the error message making a reference to the Virtual Memory?

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users