Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers, Missing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flywelder

flywelder

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Mod Edit; Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic466646.html/page__st__15 - Hamluis.

Hello, Hope this is the correct procedure and you don't mind me riding along on this topic. For I am doing so because i need to locate the proper driver for my video graphics card also. I looked at the results from using Driver Update, it had found 18 issues with drivers! Wow how do I correct all 18?! This search begane when I installed my used / new graphics card. it is an AGP SFF type. It is in my Dell Optiplex GX270 'SFF' I am using a VGS -- 'old school' monitor. Thanking you each in advance!
Card info is:
ATI Vision Tek 128mb
DMS-59+ S-VIDEO
board VTK-400115 
VT-9550128DMSA

PnPID : PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4153&SUBSYS_04301545&REV_00\4&1246FE7B&0&0008

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/7BeAZUiTizVjQ5mR0VhqKk4

Edited by hamluis, 06 October 2012 - 11:07 AM.
Split, PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 15,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi flywelder, since it's a VisionTek card it's probably best to get the drivers from them:

http://www.visiontek.com/support/downloads/drivers.html

Is there any model number written on the card? The device ID points to 9550/X1050 series, so you could probably just use ATI/AMD 4-in-1 (Catalyst) drivers, but if the exact model can be found, it would help. The drivers from VisionTek for either X1000 series or Legacy Radeon are possibly just the ATI reference drivers anyway (going by their size).

I looked at the results from using Driver Update, it had found 18 issues with drivers! Wow how do I correct all 18?

I would take the report from one of these driver finder programs with a grain of salt - if your system doesn't show signs of having any problems other than the lack of correct video driver for the newly fitted card, there is seldom any real advantage from madly updating other drivers. Often the "out of date" verdict is simply based on dates, and many of the appropriate drivers for a GX270 have been stable without any updates released for years.

Edited by Platypus, 05 October 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just to add to Platypus's post.

A SFF GX270 should always use the drivers from Dells website. They tend to tinker with the hardware and thus the drivers too.

If it Ain't broke don't fix it.

I have seen many problems in a stable system when the drivers get updated, and now it is unstable.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 flywelder

flywelder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

So some time has gone by since you both posted and I want to leave you with a update/progress report.

First, i want to say thanks to both of you for responding. great tips every one.! :thumbup2:

To Platypus, I couldn't find any wording or numbers on the card. So I went ahead and I used the link you posted and all has gone very well! You were spot on!
I'm very pleased with the way the card is functioning! I experienced no glitches, or negative issues. I just clicked on yes a couple times and the whole download and installation went automatically and flawlessly! Now I am learning about the tweaking that can be made using the catalyst...which is all new territory for me.
And a big thanks also for sharing with me the insight on those driver update programs! You Saved me!.. i didn't send them any money and I uninstalled their program!
So i send a big thank you to you Platypus, for excellent service. I am very appreciative of your efforts! :thumbsup:

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 15,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

You're most welcome, glad you've had such success!

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users