Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How long until a new opening?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MousePad

MousePad

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

I want to sign up for the malware removal school, but it's taking forever
anybody know when it's open again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Since the program is self paced there's no set interval for accepting new students. Slots are filled on a first come, first served basis as they become available. My recommendation is to check the link at least once a day to see if a slot has opened up.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 MousePad

MousePad
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

how many helpers currently teach the classes? and I also ment like, how many people are signed up, and close to finishing?

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

how many helpers currently teach the classes?

We currently have a team of nine instructors.

how many people are signed up, and close to finishing?

That's not information we disclose for several reasons. In the case of the former, it changes based on our current capabilities and other factors. In the case of the latter, as the program is self paced and the final phase is experiential there is not a fixed point at which our trainees graduate. You graduate when the instructor team agrees that you are ready.

Finally, please be aware that failing to meet one or more of the eligibility criteria may preclude you from being able to apply altogether. So I would recommend ensuring that you have met all posted criteria.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 MousePad

MousePad
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Ok thanks blade. ;)

#6 MousePad

MousePad
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Wait, when is the closest finish for somebody. No names, just like how many steps left for the closest person to finish.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Blade has already answered, stating that what you want to know cannot be disclosed:

That's not information we disclose for several reasons. In the case of the former, it changes based on our current capabilities and other factors. In the case of the latter, as the program is self paced and the final phase is experiential there is not a fixed point at which our trainees graduate. You graduate when the instructor team agrees that you are ready.

I don't have a clue about what goes on with the training program. Based on what Blade stated I doubt the instructors have a list with the date a trainee will "graduate" from the program.

He also stated:

Finally, please be aware that failing to meet one or more of the eligibility criteria may preclude you from being able to apply altogether. So I would recommend ensuring that you have met all posted criteria.

Have you read the post with the criteria? If not I suggest you read it.
Malware Removal Training Program Learn about it here, and join the program!

Pay close attention to the section under Please Note: about the number of posts you must have before applying and what is expected with those posts.

So far you do not meet the requirements for acceptance.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#8 MousePad

MousePad
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thank you Guys. I can't wait, I actually want to be an expert on the Malwarebytes and Emsisoft support forums, If I have time, I'll try to help at BC.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Let me see if I got this right. You said, "I can't wait, I actually want to be an expert on the Malwarebytes and Emsisoft support forums," So in essence what you're saying is, You want us to hurry up and move trainees along so we can train you to use your skills elsewhere? Then if you have time, you 'might' participate here.

Please illuminate me where the motivation is for Bleeping Computer to invest our Instructors free time and efforts, so you take take your new found skills and apply them elsewhere? I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But it doesn't work that way. The training here is very comprehensive and not without obligation.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 MousePad

MousePad
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

You didn't get it right.
I wasn't rushing you.
I was just saying an expression. Not like I was saying, " GUYS I CAN'T WAIT. GIVE ME A PART IN IT NOW"
I was using the expression of saying, I'm eager to start training, hope time goes smooth and I get a turn in it as soon as I can :)
Better?

Edited by MousePad, 06 October 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Yes better. You didn't address the part about taking the training we give you and using it elsewhere. Therefore your priorities are not giving back to the community that invested their freely given time and effort to train you. I can safely say that it is unlikely you will get the training you so desperately desire from us. I will suggest that you seek your training elsewhere where they may or may not have the expectations that we do.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 MousePad

MousePad
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I am going to help at bleeping computer. Why wouldn't I?
Are you going to not allow me to get accepted just because you understood me wrong? :(
This forum is the most active forum I go to. And I really want to become a malware removal expert. Just want to help here, and other places.

Edited by MousePad, 06 October 2012 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users