Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot install adobe reader

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 helprebs

helprebs

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

The last time I removed a virus from my computer, it messed something up. I cannot install adobe reader... when I do the same things pop up all over my screen that I cant get rid of unless I uninstall it and restart my computer a few times... Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hi Helprebs,

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having. Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members, Moderators, etc can arrive to review your post, could you please clarify "what 'things' are popping up on your screen" that you referred to? (E.g. are they fake anti-malware popups, etc)?

Also, have you checked to ensure your computer is free of any malware issues, and if so, by what means? Including some system specs would also help others to better assist you with this issue. * I see that you've been experiencing significant issues going back to March of this year that appear to bear similarity to the present problems.

It may end up being necessary to post your topic in the "Am I infected" sub-forum. The Moderators, BC Advisors, and Admins will advise you, if that is necessary.

Best regards!

Edited by spc3rd, 05 October 2012 - 03:23 AM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

In your topic titled Virus boopme responded. In post number 9 he suggested that the infection was caused by downloading a "cracked" version of Adobe, I hope you are downloading from a reputable site now.

Boopme's last post in that topic, number 11, was to suggest rerunning MBAM. In post number 12 you indicated that you had deleted Adobe which you believe solved your problem and there were no more responses from boopme.

The Security forums are not my purview, but I believe it would be reasonable to believe that just deleting the cracked application of Adobe did not eliminate your infection, especially in view of the problems you are now experiencing.

I would suggest posting another topic in the Am I Infected forum and work with the person who takes on your topic and stay with them till they tell you that the infection is gone. These people are inundated with work, if it looks like you are not responding in a reasonable amount of time they may move on to another topic.

There is another option, that would be to wipe the hdd with a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke and then reinstall the operating system. This program will completely overwrite everything on the hdd which will eliminate any infection(s).

Just out of curiosity, what anti virus and firewall are you using?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Try a forced-uninstall with Revo :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users