Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It works I got it! Dragon speaking! Preferred!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:37 PM

I bought the program. In fact, I'm using it right now. It's really amazing! It does have a few errors, but I'll need to program at it some more to make it work right. I only read a few books They gave me, if I say words slow it Works really good. I got the preferred version on eBay for only 60 bucks shipped to my door. It is $200 in a magazine plus shipping. I can open programs on my computer too. It is a really neat program. It automatically puts all the proper periods and comas in the sentense for me.

I think it will help me in highjackthis training. Just thought I would let you all know about it. :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

Just like using the M$ resident program - people are going to look at you a little funny as you sit there "talking to your computer"! So I only use my system at home now, not out and about with the laptop. LOL!

(though I've found, I can still type faster than I can reliably input info via the voice method, as I have to go back and edit the spoken word fairly seriously.)

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:53 PM

Cool program. huh? I used DragonSpeak Naturally 7 when transcribing old journal notes. As a therapy for a hand injury I sustained in the mid-eighties I made it a habit to write a couple pages of whatever came to mind. I ended up with thousands of pages of miscellaneous stuff... gardening tips, recipes, short stories, poems, personal to-do lists, movie & book critiques.. you name it. I saved the files & notebooks along with a whole bunch of automotive repair notes from over the years. Basically, I started to scan these into the PC, but you can not edit text in a photo.

I installed the dragon7 and spent a couple hours teaching it the way I talk. You can also save the files of more than 1 user on the PC. It realy does a surprisingly good job, and I hear the professinal version is capable of more & executing code from verbal commands. That one costs the big bucks, though, and you must be a company to purchase it. For some unknown reason, but it's outta my price range so I didn't pursue the point to find out.

You do need a good headset with microphone, the kind you see secretaries plugged into at big offices. I found it best to leave it adjusted to be the thickness of my thumb away from my mouth. So, I'd just read the sheets out loud and watch my screen type them up for me. I'd do the pages(s) and then correct, instead of getting hung up on trying to make it "dictation perfect" line by line. Overall, I'd say that it cut the typing time from say 1 hour to 12 minutes. I had typed about a dozen long ones before using it, and I'll never do that again. lol

I also tried the character recognition programs. They can take a .jpg and lift the words out, placing them in a new page that you can edit. It is slower than "Talk-Typing" and a little more error prone, too. I could buy-up to the "professional" version, but that'd be $$ more, so I've just got the character recognition app (ABBY Sprint) busy scanning grocery receipts onto PC at the present time. (or did, that's one of the many things that I haven't reloaded since I freshly installed the OS) :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 12 November 2004 - 05:55 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

I still type the old fashioned way. I do need to talk to it more! LOl talk to my pc still gets me! But as much as I type its great! I can get pro version on ebay 250.00 or so. Take a look if you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users