Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Resolution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 612skies

612skies

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi, so before my computer had a BSOD and once it restarted, the resolution went crazy. It is now at 680x480 at 16 colors. My computer won't detect my monitor and I can't change the resolution. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and i had checked to make sure that all the cables are tightly plugged in. How can i fix this? I have even system restored and the problem still exists :/

680x480 is the only option I have, when i press detect it doesn't do anything.

Edited by 612skies, 04 October 2012 - 05:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Let's try this:

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Also...download http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe . Save to your desktop.

Double-click saved file...click Run...put checks in Application, System, Error and Number Of Events and put 20 in box for listing number...click Run.

Copy log content, paste into your next post.

Louis

#3 612skies

612skies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hi, the applications seem to not work for me. But I think I found out why it is like this. In my device manager for my Nvidia driver, it says
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
I used windows diagnostic tool and it said it cannot be solved. Do I need a new video card?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

The card must need replacement. One other thing you could do is, if you have onboard video, try enabling and then check the difference. Or try another PC with a slot available or compatible to verify if it works or not.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users