Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MoneyPak Virus New version?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Viking698

Viking698

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Ok working on a computer with the moneypak virus on. I would like to remove it.

Computer has windows xp sp3 home edition on it.

So far I have tried

1. Booting into safe mode with networking, moneypak still shows up

2. Booting into safe mode without networking, moneypak still show up

3. Booting into safe mode with network cable unplugged, moneypak still shows up.

4. Booting into safe mode under the administrator account, moneypak does not show up.

Was trying to get to the desktop under the users name but no luck as moneypak keeps me from doing anything. Now administartor works, but from reading how to remove it you need to be under the users name.

So is there a way to remove this? Or is this a new version that has not been seen yet?

Thanks

Viking698

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hello, Please try our guide here and see.
Remove the FBI MoneyPak Ransomware or the Reveton Trojan
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Viking698

Viking698
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

All ready tried that, I can not get to the desktop as the virus starts even in safe mode.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

see if posts 7& 15 work for you..
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic469842.html/page__pid__2858458#entry2858458
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Viking698

Viking698
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks I will try that. Hopefully during the weekend I can get this fixed.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

OK,do not run a temp file or registry cleaner or they will be gone.

#7 Viking698

Viking698
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Well I manage to remove the moneypak virus. It does look the origianl instructions will work even if you are logged into a different account. Once I ran the emsisoft program it removed the virus.

Not sure if this was a fluke or if the intructions need to be changed to included using the program under a non inflected user name.

Thanks

Viking698

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, there are a lot of variants to this and we are trying to get a coherent grip on them all.

#9 Viking698

Viking698
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks once again

Just to note I just used the Emsisoft software. I did not use anything else to remove it.

So this may work for other people it may not. I still going to run the other programs on it to make sure the system is clean.

Really hate virus and rootkits that piss me off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users