Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rice-A-Roni

Rice-A-Roni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:40 AM

This is my first post to any newsgroup or forum site, though I've dabbled in computers pretty steadily since I bought my first PC in 1984 with paper route earnings, a Commodore 64! I've googled a lot lately after exhausting the troubleshooters on XP Home, trying to figure out how to extend the life of my 4 year-old Compaq Presario w/ AMD XP 1800+ processor and decode the error messages XP, MSIE, and Norton Systemworks have been giving me. BTW, my nick name is courtesy of classmates in grammar school. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

Welcome to BC. I am sure we can give some sound advice on upgrading you computer. If you would not minid listing the specification about your computer we will see what can be done. Here is a neat little program that will help Everest Home 2.2 determine you spec if you don't have them handy. Start a topic in the Hardware Forum and post there.
Be sure and list the error codes you are having with the system also.

Good luck, see you on the forum.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Rice-A-Roni.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

#5 Rice-A-Roni

Rice-A-Roni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

Thanks, guys! Acklan, I'll give that spec program and make sure to post everything it gives me on the hardware forum. BTW, there may be some gaps in my responses. It's been hard to find time for my electronic mistress, lately :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users