Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorta new guy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loubud

Loubud

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hi. I'm Lou. I've been lurking around this site for a year or so and decided it's about time to say thanks to the folks that post and respond here. I was able to fix 2, yep 2, crashed (because of stupidity) laptops from someone posting and someone else answering what was needed for me to do this.
I just crashed another. Yep. As soon as I clicked reboot I knew. I was in the process of ridding a coupla trojans and accidentally loaded a module from TDSSKILLER that required that reboot. Couldn't stop the sucker from continuing. I would've been able to rid the laptop of everything had that not happened.

Gotta go. Need to access "administrator" but can't right now. DOH!

Lou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Welcome and Thank You for joining.

If you can't get it booting, post in the appropriate windows forum for help.

I do have helpful links in my signature, if needed.
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Loubud

Loubud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Thanks, but I think I got real lucky. I decided to see what Microsofts "Mr. Fixit" would do and just gave it a whirl. Now who'd a thunk it would actually find anything let alone fix it? It found that admin was blocked and turned it back on. :thumbup2:
Ran Rkill, then Malewarebytes Pro and I think we have a winner. Found a trojan and now it's gone.

Rkill also has been detecting another bug of sorts. I've searched everywhere and no one appears to think it's a problem outside of Rkill. I'll know eventually.

Thanks to everyone here. This site has saved me a lot of grief (and casholla). I even baffled my Brother with how to fix bugs and he's an I.T. guy. Cool beans.

Lou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users