Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard drive prob

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blondebabe46

blondebabe46

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Ok here is my problem. I think i had a hacker on my computer..He shut down my firewall, but i was able to get it working finally using a few programs i found on here.Now my issue is hat i can't access my external hard drive files.I tried reinstalling the program, but not sure what i should do now.I don't want to make things worse.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

<<I think i had a hacker on my computer...>>

Details, please.

What makes you say that? And what makes you believe that such a situation could be so easily dispatched by you?

<<I tried reinstalling the program...>>

What program are you referring to...and what does a program have to do with an external hard drive being inaccessible?

Louis

#3 blondebabe46

blondebabe46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

To answer your questions, I looked at the owner of my computer and it had another name such as Test0Dummy and i knew that was not me.He shut down my firewall and i was unable to access it and so i came to this site and used these programs as follows to get my firewall working again. Run rkill first, then ComboFix and then tweaking and that seemed to fix everything, but when i went to access my external firewall it would not work.It should have showed up on my E drive, but it didn't. The name of the External hard drive is Acomdata. I tried reinstalling to my c drive.I am hoping that i did not wipe it out or anything.Please Help..Thank you

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Since you ran ComboFix...I suggest that you post your CF log, along with the other logs requested in Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .

Follow the instructions in the Prep Guide...and initiate a new topic, posting your new topic in the same forum which reflects the Prep Guide (not here).

That should get us started on the right road :).

Louis

#5 blondebabe46

blondebabe46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Im sorry was is a cf log and how do i find it?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

"CF" is ComboFix. I believe that a log is generated as a normal process of using this malware-removal tool.

That log may be useful to the personnel who will examine it in the forum which I previously directed you to post in.

Louis

#7 blondebabe46

blondebabe46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Here is the combo fix text that i attached. Mod Edit: Removed malware log, not allowed in this forum - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 04 October 2012 - 10:40 AM.
Removed CF log - Hamluis.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

<<Follow the instructions in the Prep Guide...and initiate a new topic, posting your new topic in the same forum which reflects the Prep Guide (not here).>>

This is an O/S forum...nothing to do with malware logs. Please read and follow the directions in the Proparation Guide I previously linked to.

Louis

#9 blondebabe46

blondebabe46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

bleep this bleep..ill fix it myself..You asked for details and the log..Godd riddance

#10 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

You want to access your external drive?
Is it physically attached to your computer or networked?
What is the name of the program and why is it needed to access the external drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users