Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer running slow & Windows error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 flsunshinegirl44

flsunshinegirl44

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Started by my computer running very slow & having the round blue circle while trying to get on the net as well as while using Windows Picture Viewer. Now today have been getting error messages from Windows saying an error has occurred & needs to be shut down. It shuts down then reboots doing the same thing. Ran both Malwarebytes as well as My Avast quick scan...found nothing major on either, Windows gave me one error message saying "bad pool header", the rest of the times was unable to view the error message since it shuts down to quickly to do so. Am running Windows Vista 2007 Home Premium version. When I ran the Avast scan it showed some fikes on my C drive were "not readable"? I went into Windoes troubleshooting & it instructed me to go to computer>properties>tools>error checking. I did so & again it read some files on my C drive were "unreadable". My computer seems to be working ok for now since I did this, but want to make sure something more isn't going on. Thanks so much in advance for your assistance, have you you guys before with wonderful results!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Sounds like an NTFS/disk write issue.

Have you made any changes (new software or hardware) to your computer recently?
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#3 flsunshinegirl44

flsunshinegirl44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

No have not done anything new...seems to be better now however when working in Windows Photo Gallery it's not allowing me to view some of my pictures...giving me an error message of "Photo Gallery cannot open this picture or video, This file format is not supported or you do not have the updates to Photo Gallery. I had uploaded several pictures & most were fine. They all were uploaded from the same camera??

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

If it's just one program that has problems...chances are that the program is damaged and needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled.

Louis

#5 flsunshinegirl44

flsunshinegirl44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

So far that's all I noticed. How do I do this for Windows Photo Gallery...don't know if this is separate from the Windows or if all the programs are bundled??

#6 flsunshinegirl44

flsunshinegirl44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Ran this scan that Windows troubleshooting recommended & this is what it said:
Windows Resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Then it gives me a log to go into to see which corrupt files that could not be fixed at findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log but I cannot access it??

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Windows Phoro Gallery is an installed program, you should find it listed among the Add/Remove Programs list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Photo_Gallery

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users