Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downgradg Win7 to Vista using Restore disks?..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snoofy1

snoofy1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

If a pc was upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista, and we want downgrade Win7 back to Vista, can we use the original Recovery disks (from the Vista OS) to do this? I know Windows 7 is a better OS, but this is due to software incompatibility issues. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Software incompatibility? Perhaps if you expand on this a little bit someone can help you. The vast majority of programs that ran on Vista will also run on 7. If they don't immediately, there are often little things you can do to make it work :)
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

True recovery discs from the maker will kill anything on the drive and revert the windows back to like new condition. Any files created and programs installed will be lost.

Backup anything you want to save to a external drive or blank CD /DVD disks.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 03 October 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users