Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New CPU error beep

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ugibugi

Ugibugi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hello!

Specs:
- Old cpu AMD Sempron 3800+
- New cpu AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200B
- Motherboard: MSI K9VGM-V
- Operating system: windows 7 32bit
- Ram 3gb DDR2

So i installed a new cpu for my computer and steps ive allready taken are:
- Bios update
- CMOS clear

I get to boot the computer just fine after a CMOS clear and can go to windows and operate smoothly without any problems. Clock speeds etc. look just normal for 5200+ when viewing from CPU-Z. The problem however starts when i try to restart my pc. After restarting the computer wont go to post and screen stays black. I can only hear those long error beeps from my pc speaker. When i clear CMOS again it starts just fine without any problems.
So basically i cant go to bios to change any of the standart settings and i have to clear CMOS before every boot.

EDIT: when i go to bios it shows the new cpu properly and default settings are correct. When i try to restart the problem appears again.

Help appreciated! Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by Ugibugi, 03 October 2012 - 08:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

If it is an endless loop of the same beep, you have a memory problem.

Ensure the memory is seated properly. If that doesn't work, test each memory stick by itself in both memory slots until your system will POST. If your system refuses to post, you may need to replace the memory.

You can also check out other Award error beeps here.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#3 Ugibugi

Ugibugi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

If it is an endless loop of the same beep, you have a memory problem.

Ensure the memory is seated properly. If that doesn't work, test each memory stick by itself in both memory slots until your system will POST. If your system refuses to post, you may need to replace the memory.

You can also check out other Award error beeps here.

You were correct. I managed to solve this problem by removing one of my ram's. I didn't knew that you should put 2 differend rams on the same computer since im not really a hardware expert :) I wonder why it worked just fine with the sempron prosessor. Might be it's slower speed.
So thank you and this one is now solved!

Edited by Ugibugi, 03 October 2012 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users