Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

small freez-ups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ortho1121

ortho1121

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Don't know if this is the right spot but here goes. Running Windows 7 on HP machine with AMD processor. Lately the computer will freeeze for about 5-10 seconds and then return to normal. This will happen about every 2-3 minutes. Usually happens when on the internet. I have run my virus scan (AVG), Malewarebytes and CC Cleaner but no change. What's up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

double check a service called Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. I can hog a ton of memory and proccessor time causing those blips. It is really unneeded for 99.999% of windows users. Stop the service and then disable it.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 ortho1121

ortho1121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I went to uninstall programs and could not find it listed but I know it is on my computer. How do I find this service to stop it?

#4 ortho1121

ortho1121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

I stopped the service but there are still small 5-10 second freeze-ups. Any other suggestions?

#5 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Open task manager using ctrl-shift-esc. Do some various stuff to try to cause the short hangs and watch the program list. See if there is one that spikes the processor usage during that time. If so that is you culprit.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users