Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Post Virus Computer Recovery - Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ncnative

ncnative

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I had a virus that has been removed now thanks to BC, but I still cannot locate my files or most of my programs when I go to start. What is missing? Is it a driver of some sort that I need? I can access the internet fine, and can even locate some of my word doc files by opening word, but all my folders seem empty and my pics are missing as well as Accessories and most of my programs.

I think the files are still there, but that the path has been disrupted...but still don't know were my programs are. I can save shortcuts to my programs on my desktop and reach them from there, and I can find them if I go to the control panel, but not in the usual tray above the start button.

Thanks for any help,

NC Native

Edited by ncnative, 02 October 2012 - 10:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Download this tool

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/unhide/

Let me know if it restored the hidden files

#3 ncnative

ncnative
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks! That was awesome! Perfect.....really saved me a lot of trouble! God Bless!

Philip

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

You're welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users