Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes when not present. Event viewer mentions an error with iaStor0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 8-bit Hero

8-bit Hero

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

The past weekend I've noticed an issue coming up. My computer (supposedly) crashes, then reboots and then when I go into the event viewer I see the following errors happening just prior to the crash.

\Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

This happens about 4-5 times over a few minute period and the last error is

A time was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Error Reporting Service to connect.

Then the next entry is the computer restarting.

One important thing to note as I have noticed this both times this has happened. I am not home when this occurs. I don't shut my computer off if I'm going out for a few hours, I leave it running and both times this happened I notice the error and then shutdown occurs around 20 minutes after I leave. I don't know if that's a coincidence but I thought it was worth a mention.

Also the second time this occured (when I arrived home about an hour ago) the computer was at a black screen with a prompt asking me to select my boot device. Pressing a key repeated the message. I powered off and back on and no issues persisted. The previous time the computer simply rebooted on it's own.

the computer is new. I built it around 2 months ago. A previous crash occured a few weeks back with a bluescreen but did not occur again. My specs are as follows.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
iNTEL I3 2120
GT 430 1GB
Asrock B57M Mobo
Seagate 1tb HDD
8 gb DDR3 ram

Edit: Computer no longer boots. I once again came back from idle and nothing was working right on the PC. Everything was slow and not working so I shut it off. Now windows won't boot.

It says to select a boot device or insert the boot CD. The only options to boot from are the CDDVD Drive. It doesn't list the harddrive. Help.

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2012 - 10:35 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 8-bit Hero

8-bit Hero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Issue is the harddrive. I'll try and do an RMA. It fails seatools tests and scandisk.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,415 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for letting us know what it was...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users