Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome - cannot access Chrome Web Store, facebook, chat app, etc.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shifuimam

shifuimam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm seeing a rather odd problem in Chrome on a work-managed machine. I suspect that some kind of GPO was pushed recently that is breaking Chrome's functionality, but I'm not sure of this at all.

When I try to access certain websites, they either only partially load or fail completely. The Chrome Web Store fails. It loads most of the stuff the page requests but hangs at either googleads.g.doubleclick.net or google.com/uds. When trying to access Facebook, the site loads but then hangs trying to load a CSS file. While it's hanging, Flash crashes several times and it's not possible to click links, scroll, or do anything else. Additionally, I'm unable to even close the tabs that are hanging. Few websites actually work - most hang, even sites I've never visited before.

Additionally, I use the "Chat for Google" plugin daily. This also fails to load correctly or log me in to Google talk.

I've used a couple malware scanners to see if anything comes up - my machine appears to be clean. I don't have this issue in Firefox or Internet Explorer. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome and wiped out my Chrome user profile to make sure it wasn't a bad extension or something. I've also manually uninstalled and reinstalled Flash.

Edit: I also went through and disabled nearly every plugin for Chrome, including Adobe Flash 11 and Google's own built-in Flash player (PepperFlash). That fixed Facebook but not the Chrome store.

Edited by shifuimam, 01 October 2012 - 01:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Do you use AdBlock? It was on the fritz this afternoon but seems to be OK now.

#3 shifuimam

shifuimam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Do you use AdBlock? It was on the fritz this afternoon but seems to be OK now.

I was - but even using Chrome with no extensions didn't work.

I even tried Chrome portable. The same copy worked on a different machine (same domain, same policies) but still won't work on my desktop. There's definitely something going on specifically with my computer that's causing this to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users