Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCI Device in Device Manager

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 toicy4ya

toicy4ya

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Sup Everyone,

My son has a Dell Dimension 4600 desktop computer. Each time he turns on his computer he gets the "Found new Hardware" prompt. However, he isnt sure why its popping up or know which drivers to look for.

According to the PCI Device Properties the details tab indicate the device id as,

PCI\VE_10DE&DEV_0BE3&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1\5&28662550&0&0110F0

According to www.pcidatabase.com we get the following results;

0x0BE3 Chip Number: NV34
Chip Description: Riva 128
Notes: Driver for Windows XP

According to wiki, Riva 128 is an old video card Released in late 1997 by Nvidia, the RIVA 128, or "NV3", was one of the first consumer graphics processing units.

My sons current video card is a PNY Verto NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB.

However, we have been unlucky finding drivers for this device.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Try looking in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow circles with an exclamation mark in it. If there is this usually indicates that there is a driver problem. If this is a native driver, one that is part of the operating system, you can click on the + in the box to the left of the device to expand the component, double click on it and a page will open with tabs on the top. Click on the Driver tab, when it opens uninstall the driver. If this is a native driver it will be replaced the next time you start the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

On the back of your sons desktop computer is a Dell Service Tag.
You should be able to go to here http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection?fkey=Drivers_PS and enter the service tag and see a listing of the Dell drivers for that computer.

What I found for that was that PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BE3&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1 = Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

Is the sound working?

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 toicy4ya

toicy4ya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Try looking in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow circles with an exclamation mark in it. If there is this usually indicates that there is a driver problem. If this is a native driver, one that is part of the operating system, you can click on the + in the box to the left of the device to expand the component, double click on it and a page will open with tabs on the top. Click on the Driver tab, when it opens uninstall the driver. If this is a native driver it will be replaced the next time you start the computer.

I dont see any yellow exclamation marks but i do see a yellow question mark under PCI Device which is the issue im trying to fix.

On the back of your sons desktop computer is a Dell Service Tag.
You should be able to go to here http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection?fkey=Drivers_PS and enter the service tag and see a listing of the Dell drivers for that computer.
What I found for that was that PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BE3&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1 = Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

Is the sound working?

Good Luck
Roger

I tried that yesterday, i was offered a list of "recommeded" drivers to update but wasnt sure which one I had to select. I am not clear on what the PCI Device is. With respect to your question, yes the sound on his computer is fine.

Edited by toicy4ya, 01 October 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

If you click on the + in the box next to the question mark it will expand the list of devices. Please let us know what you find there.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 toicy4ya

toicy4ya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

After looking closely, the device did have a yellow question mark with a yellow exclamation point on top of it. However, when i attempted to click on the driver tab to uninstall the driver I received a message indicating that there were no drivers to roll back. :(

I then restored the pc to an earlier date and the yellow exclamation point went away but i still have the yellow question mark.

If you click on the + in the box next to the question mark it will expand the list of devices. Please let us know what you find there.

The device that appears when i click on the + is "PCI Device".

Edited by toicy4ya, 02 October 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Try downloading your video drivers from this site.

Go down to step 3) and enter the video card information ( PNY Verto NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB.) Click on Search, when the drivers are found the download button will appear, click on it to download the drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users